Thomas Meik and Sons
Civil engineers, of Edinburgh and London.
A few years later another son, Charles Scott Meik joined the partnership.
The firm was reconstituted as Thomas Meik and Sons
Executed further important works, including the dock and harbour at Bo'ness, the harbour of Eyemouth and the Eyemouth Branch Railway, and acted as consulting engineers for the new dock at Silloth.
1888 Mr. Meik senior retired from business.
Later the brothers established themselves as P. W. and C. S. Meik. The company continued to make steady progress with docks, harbours and railway projects preeminent.
1921 William Thomson Halcrow was taken into the partnership
1923 The partnership became known as C. S. Meik and Halcrow