Turners Asbestos Cement Co
of Trafford Park, Manchester, and Southwark Street, London, SW1. Telephone: Trafford Park 2181. Telegraphic Address: "Asbestos, Manchester"
1929 Formed as result of re-organisation of the parent company, Turner and Newall, to administer the Trafford Park works and former Bell's United Asbestos Co Ltd companies. Asbestos Cement Building Products, a marketing organisation, was set up to handle sales. The first Board of Turners Asbestos Cement Co Ltd. was appointed on 8 August.
1933/4 In a company rationalisation Turners Asbestos Cement Co became wholly responsible for operating Turner and Newall's factories at Widnes and Erith and for the sale of asbestos-cement products, the subsidiary companies previously responsible becoming non-operational.
1935 Bought factory at Rhoose, South Wales, and built factory at Dalmuir, near Glasgow, Scotland (opened in 1937).
1937 Advert for Asbestos-Cement. (Building, General Heating and Cooking Section - Stand No. Ca.401) 
1937 Asbestos cement building products. "Everite" Asbestos Cement Products. "Poilite" Asbestos Cement Products. "Turnall" Asbestos Cement Products.
1941 Took over the asbestos-cement factory at Tamworth, Staffordshire.
1962 Dalmuir factory closed. New factory opened in Ditton, Lancashire.
1967 Set up asbestos-cement sheeting plant at Ballyclare, N.Ireland.
1969 Turners Asbestos Cement (Northern Ireland) Ltd formed a new joint company with Cement Ltd, to run the Ballyclare operation; Turner and Newall took a large minority interest in Cement Ltd's asbestos-cement sheet plant at Athy, the Republic of Ireland.
1970 Absorbed J. W. Roberts' operations and formed Turners Asbestos Cement Construction Materials Ltd.
1972 Name changed to Tenmat Ltd.
- See Turner and Newall for chronology of company development from 1920 to 1972.