Aqueduct of three segmental arches immediately above a weir which carried the Swansea Canal over the Afon Twrch. Designed by Thomas Sheasby and completed in 1798. Immediately below the aquueduct the river falls over a weir ~13 ft high. On the north-east side is a circular culvert which took water from the tailrace of a nearby fulling mill.
Note: The remains of Ynyscedwyn Ironworks can be seen nearby.
Sources of Information
- 'Civil Engineering Heritage: Wales & West Central England' by R. Cragg, Thomas Telford Publishing, 2nd edition 1997