Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,467 pages of information and 233,893 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Wear and Derwent Junction Railway

From Graces Guide

Revision as of 15:21, 2 December 2010 by Ait (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

The name that the west end of the Stanhope and Tyne Railway became known. It was leased from them by the Derwent Iron Co from 1845 and sold to the Weardale Extension Railway in 1847.

With the Weardale Extension Railway the line became unofficially known as the Wear and Derwent Junction Railway

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  • Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies by Christopher Awdry. Published 1990